The Hottest Online Game

Monday, October 13, 2008

Player Has 36 Accounts, Raids by Himself


In what is perhaps the most shining example of obsession and geekiness I have ever seen, a fella by the name of Bradster has 36 World of WarCraft accounts that he plays on 11 computers simultaneously. He mainly seems to be doing it because he doesn’t like to rely on so many other people to get a raid going, which includes attacking the Alliance capital cities, and on that front I can totally see where he’s coming from.

I hate those Alliance douchebags too, but I’m not about to drop $5711 per year like Bradster is. The best way to get to them is to just live well, right? Well, Bradster doesn’t appear to be letting the Alliance off the hook so easily, as he plans on picking up 36 copies of Wrath of the Lich King on day one, spending around $1500, just so he can have a raid group of level 80 Shamans terrorizing Stormwind as soon as possible.

Read on to see how this crazy man manages to control all of these characters.


A lot have asked me, why create so many? The main reason is to invade
Stormwind and Ironforge when they reach top level. I’m sure the Alliance will
put up a big fight when that happens. We’ll see how it goes. If they don’t make
level 70 before Wrath of the Lich King, then it will be at level 80. That is my
main goal. That will probably happen after I’ve got some PvP gear from the
battlegrounds. I’m also planning to do some 25 and 10 man raid instances but
that is secondary to my PvP goal. Of course I’ll be doing arenas too to build up
PvP gear but I’m not expecting to do that great there because I’m way behind in
gear right now. I need to get to level 70 first, then level 80 and by then I
will probably have all green gear while most others have been doing the
battlegrounds and arenas.
It costs me exactly $5711 in subscription costs
per year with 36 accounts on the 6 month pay schedule. Not bad considering I’m
looking at it like it’s a hobby and there are more expensive hobbies out there
than World of Warcraft.
32 of my shaman are level 61. One shaman that I had
before I started the 32 is at level 70 along with 8 other level 70 classes that
I had. My mage, priest and druid are in the center of the circle of shaman in
the pictures but they are kind of hard to see. I’ve also got some mages and
priests that I’m currently working on that are level 23. Once they are at level
31.9, I will stop working on them, get 16 of them to level 60 with the
recruit-a-friend bonus levels and work on the shaman again.
When Wrath of
the Lich King is released, I plan to be at the store when it opens and will
purchase 36 copies of it. With tax, it should be about $1500 for all of them.
Then the shaman are on their way to level 80 along with the priest, druid and
mage.
By the way, I have 9 level 80 shaman created on the Murmur PvP realm
in the Wrath of the Lich King beta. I mainly tried it out to see how well my
computers would work as they are. With the exception of one my desktop
computers, I should be fine with the hardware that I have.
I use 3 addons in
the game. CT_MapMod is used to give me locations for quests, etc. ClassIcons is
another addon that I use to show the class of the target. It helps for PvP
encounters. Then the last addon I use is SSPVP2 which is excellent for
displaying timers and other things while in the battlegrounds.
For my keys
to send to all instances of WoW on my 11 computers, I use Octopus 1.3.2.
Maximizer in Octopus allows me to start up all WoW instances at the same time or
any individual instance such as if a WoW instance has crashed. It also allows me
to shutdown all of the computers at the same time.
Here is a picture of my
computer set up:

Not shown to the right is another laptop which runs 3 copies
that I just moved there. The keyboard on the right was moved to the top shelf
there as I don’t really use that keyboard while playing. I have macros that set
my main assist/cast/follow. Any of the eight screens to the front can be set to
main assist/cast/follow as my mouse scrolls to them all using Octopus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for information regarding Wow Gold and searched in Google. Some how I landed in your Blog. And found interesting. Yours is a nice Blog with very good content!

Recomended said...

wow gold kaufen

Wow,lovely post

Unknown said...

<a href="http://www.randyrun.co.uk/Aion/Aion-Powerleveling:::5653_5671.html>Aion Power-Leveling</a>

nice blog

Unknown said...

Hello guys. I found an awesome site yesterday where you can buy World of Warcraft gold, items. Huge selection, cheap prices, friendly customer support. I got my order within 2 hours. If you play WoW, you'd better check this out: http://www.mulefactory.com/wow/