The PTR 3.0.3 Patch Notes are available. To put it in a nutshell, this patch adds lots of goodies to each class, with barely any nerf. Glyphs have been updated with favoring changes. Alchemy elixirs got a bit of a nerf to compensate for class changes. Certain Hunter pets got smacked by the nerf bat. Read the full patch notes after the break.
World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.0.3
- Shadowmeld: The cooldown will now start on use instead of on break.
- Devouring Plague: The bonus coefficient has been increased to be on par with other DoT spells. Base damage on ranks 7,8, and 9 decreased to partially compensate for better scaling.
- Druid talents points have been refunded. Players will need to visit a class trainer to relearn spells and abilities.
- Berserk: Now clears the cooldown on Mangle Bear.
- Earth and Moon and Moonfury (Balance) reduced from 5 ranks each to 3 ranks each.
- Eclipse: Buff duration extended to 15 sec and bonuses doubled. The cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.
- Growl: Cooldown changed to 8 sec.
- Survival Instincts will no longer be on the Global Cooldown.
- Aimed Shot: Added to Barrage and Improved Barrage talent.
- Animal Handler: Now increases your pet’s expertise by 5/10. (No longer increases the pet’s chance to hit.)
- Aspects now have a shared cooldown category of 1 sec and no longer have a start cooldown.
- Aspect of the Monkey: The Dodge chance has been increased from 8% to 18%.
- Aspect of the Viper: The per attack mana regeneration has been reduced by 50% but this ability now generates 4% of maximum mana every 3 sec. In addition, the per attack regeneration now also works on melee attacks.
- Disengage now fails if you’re rooted and is no longer on the global cooldown.
- Mana cost of Disengage has been lowered to 5% of base mana, down from 14%.
- Rake (Cat), Scorpid Poison (Scorpid): Lowered damage of all ranks.
- Stampede (Rhino): Lowered the knockback to 10 yards.
- Raised the damage of exotic attacks: Spirit Strike, Lava Breath, Froststorm Breath, Acid Spit, and Stampede.
- Lowered the cost of pet specials from 25 to 20.
- Living Bomb: Mana cost reduced to be the same as Arcane Explosion.
- Reduced the mana cost of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion.
- Enlightening Judgments now increases range by 15/30 (was 10/20).
- Infusion of Light (Holy) now affects Flash of Light too, reducing its cast time down to zero and can be used while moving.
- Judgements of the Pure: Haste increased to 3/6/9/12/15%.
- Repentance PvP duration reduced to 6 sec.
- Righteous Defense cooldown has been lowered to 8 sec (was 15 sec).
- Shield of the Templar now also reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3%.
- Divine Providence: This talent now also reduces the cooldown of your Prayer of Mending spell by 6/12/18/24/30%. With 5 points applied, it takes Prayer of Mending’s cooldown from 10 sec to 7.
- Shadowform: Devouring Plague, Shadow Word:Pain, and Vampiric Touch cast in Shadowform deal increased damage percentage equal to the player’s chance to get a spell crit on their target.
- Vampiric Touch: The Spell power coefficient has been doubled.
- Combat Potency: Now only works with autoattacks (no more Shiv.)
- Fan of Knives changed to be castable with no targets, further improved the visual affect and it no longer plays an impact on the caster.
- Improved Fire Nova Totem: Increases the damage done by your Fire Nova Totem by 10/20% and your Fire Nova totem has a 50/100% chance to stun all targets damaged by your Fire nova Totem for 2 sec.
- Lava Burst: The base damage has been increased by approx. 10%.
- Riptide: The initial heal amount has been increased on ranks 3 and 4 and periodic healing has been increased on all ranks.
- Storm Reach is now called “Elemental Reach” and now includes Lava Burst.
- Thunderstorm: Mana gain has been increased to 8%.
- Tidal Waves will now also proc with Riptide.
- Haunt: The cooldown has been changed to 8 sec, and refreshing the Haunt will trigger the heal from the existing Haunt.
- Shadowflame: Damaged increased approx. 75%. Coefficients unchanged.
- Bloodthirst: Cooldown reduced to 5 sec.
- Improved Rend changed to 10/20%.
- Inferno: The Infernal is now useable indoors and the tooltip has been updated.
- Rend: Damage has been adjusted to be less base and more weapon based.
- Rend: Ranks 9 and 10 now do 35% more damage when the target is above 75% health instead of 4 times damage when the target is enraged. Sudden Death: Now has 3/6/9% chance on hit instead of 10/20/30% chance on crit.
- Titan’s Grip: Changed to 12% penalty instead of 15%.
- The level requirements required to train gathering skills have been removed.
- Reduced the effect of Elixir of Mongoose and Elixir of Major Agility.
- Glyph of Flame Shock: Now extends duration by 6 sec and prevents Flame Shock from being consumed by Lava Burst.
- Glyph of Lava: Glyph of Earth Elemental removed and replaced with this glyph. This glyph increases coefficient on Lava Burst by 0.1.
- Glyph of Shiv: Replaced with Glyph of Vigor, which increases maximum energy by an additional 10 for those with the Vigor talent.
- Glyph of Shadow: Glyph of Mind Soothe removed and replaced with this glyph. This glyph increases spell power by 10% of spirit for 10 sec after critting while in Shadowform.
- Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain: Increases damage done by Mind Flay when SW:P is present by 10%.
- Glyph of Sinister Strike: Chance increased to 50%.
- Glyph of Souls no longer removes soul shard cost. It instead reduces the mana cost of your Ritual of Souls spell by 70%.
- Glyph of Spirit of Redemption: Tooltip corrected to 4 sec. extra when the glyph triggers.
- Glyph of Strength of Earth: Replaced with Glyph of Lava Lash which increases the bonus from having Flametongue Weapon by 10%.
- Glyph of Trueshot Aura: Now increases Aimed Shot crit chance instead of increasing attack power bonus.
- Glyph of Totem of Wrath: Replaced with Glyph of Elemental Mastery, which decreases the cooldown on Elemental Mastery by 30 sec.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum.
- Held in hand books created by Inscription are now Bind on Equip rather than Bind on Pickup.
- Glyph of Rupture: The tooltip has been corrected.
- Hunter: Ferocious Inspiration will now apply raid-wide, as intended.
- Hunter Pets
- Sonic Blast (Bat): Will no longer ignore LoS.
- Bad Attitude (Croc): Will no longer ignore the Longevity buff.
- Thunderstomp (Gorilla): Will no longer have a physical coefficient instead of a magical one.
- Gore (Bore): Fixed an issue where a wrong value was being applied.
- Savage Rend: Corrected typos in the tooltip.
- Mage: Burning Determination will now work properly.
- Mage: Frostfire Bolt (Rank 2): The DoT effect will now properly scale.
- Mage: Living Bomb’s “explosion effect” will now be properly classified.
- Priest: Holy Reach (Rank 2) will now increase the radius of Divine Hymm properly.